Ronin WOLF's forum for SI uni 2

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOG'S Fighter Tactics....

2 posters

Go down

FOG'S Fighter Tactics.... Empty FOG'S Fighter Tactics....

Post  sandog Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:23 pm

Personal research has concluded me to believe that if you are not using fighters as a major role in your game play you are missing out.

The fighter is commonly pushed aside as being ineffective, because it is not seen as a cadillac but rather a moped. It is not classified as a status symbol because it doesn't have the Armor or the shielding that it's bigger brothers do. Lets get down to business shall we.

Speed, Hands down the fighter has all the other warships beat. That we can agree on.

Faster to build, w/o a micro system accelerator it takes the BS 30-35 min. to build. whereas it takes a fighter 3-4 min. to build.

Rez. 1 BS will cost you 35,000 in metal alone versus the 4000 in metal you will spend on a fighter if you build 100 BS and send them to attack 100 BS the battle ends in a draw with you the aggressor losing more than the defender. providing all values are set the same in the battlesim. Now for the same amount of rez. you can build 1000 fighters and with all values the same the fighters win ALL THE TIME. you will take loses of course. but if you send 5000 fighters you will take no losses. you can build 8 2/3 fighters for every battleship.

Spice use and consumption. It cost 100 spice to build each fighter 0 for BS. And to run one BS it uses 90 spice for fuel and only 15 for the fighter a 1 to 6 ratio in favor of the fighter.

Weapons. Going back to the 8 2/3 fighters to one BS, 8 fighters combined have the base value of 400 attack strength versus the 300 attack value that the BS has. once again a plus to the fighter side.

Shields. Its a no contest situation on the side of the BS here the BS is bigger and has better shields but by improving your shields does help the fighter out minus to the fighter side.

Structure. Well once again the BS has it it is a much bigger vessel so naturally it will take more damage before it is destroyed but improving your armor will improve the survivability of the fighter. Once again minus to the fighter side.

ship to ship combat. Individually a fighter is just Flat out canon fodder. but when used in massive numbers theoretically the fighter can overwhelm any fleet it faces and decimate it without a single loss. For a fleet potentially capable of doing that (ex. 5000 fighters vs. 100 BS's = 0 losses on the fighter side.)

Ship to defenses. I have to say that through my experiences thus far my biggest losses are from ground fortifications. Once again massive numbers helps in that regard.

Now that I have done this the fighter does have its draw backs as with any ship. And each individual has his or her favorite class of ship. But if you think out side the box you just might find that the fighter would be a welcome asset to your inventory not to mention the rez. you could save by ignoring warp tech and concentrating on making the other areas of tech more fighter friendly. I plan on continuing my experiment and will continue to post refinements to this as well as the battle reports upon which I have successfully and unsuccessfully used them in attack situations tactics to be evolved as new situations demand.

Go to the battlesim and run your own sims and see for yourself I'm sure you will be as surprised as I was.

Remember THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX. your opponet often does not.

Last edited by m22sandog on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
sandog
sandog
Admin

Back to top Go down

FOG'S Fighter Tactics.... Empty =)

Post  Guest Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:25 pm

i dunno if this is right topic but title suggest so..

at 15k+ points u will find urself that finding out enemy fleet on 1 planet isnt enough, and that you most get the entire fleet strenght
to prevent fleet loss by ninja players xD
well here is one way of finding out fleet strenght after reaching ranks
click ranking and chose spaceships/defense then press CTRL+F and type players name you are looking for
and do it until you find him, after you see his fleet points go to SI-Master and use building calc to see aproximately how many battleships it takes to reach that points, so if you figure out he has a lot more than u.. spy lots of times be4 ur fleet reaches his planet or dont attack him until u build larger fleet than his.

Back to top Go down

FOG'S Fighter Tactics.... Empty Re: FOG'S Fighter Tactics....

Post  Guest Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:47 pm

VIPrince wrote:i dunno if this is right topic but title suggest so..

at 15k+ points u will find urself that finding out enemy fleet on 1 planet isnt enough, and that you most get the entire fleet strenght
to prevent fleet loss by ninja players xD
well here is one way of finding out fleet strenght after reaching ranks
click ranking and chose spaceships/defense then press CTRL+F and type players name you are looking for
and do it until you find him, after you see his fleet points go to SI-Master and use building calc to see aproximately how many battleships it takes to reach that points, so if you figure out he has a lot more than u.. spy lots of times be4 ur fleet reaches his planet or dont attack him until u build larger fleet than his.

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

M8 you dont need to do all this work lol! lol! lol!

go to this forum page

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and select the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

copy and paste the name into the player section and then you will no his exact fleet strength m8

ĐΛRKHΩRSΞ

Back to top Go down

FOG'S Fighter Tactics.... Empty xD

Post  Guest Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:40 am

oh didnt know that xD
thanks xD

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:38 am

VIPrince wrote:oh didnt know that xD
thanks xD

Any time Dude Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

ĐΛRKHΩRSΞ

/Laughter is the shock absorber that eases the blows of life.-ĐΛRKHΩRSΞ/ lol!

Back to top Go down

FOG'S Fighter Tactics.... Empty Ş₳ɃʘŘ₩ΩȽ₣

Post  ŞǢɃʘŘ₩ΩȽ₣ Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:01 am

Those are the website bibles.... also mentioned in another part of the forum. You see.... the forum is extremely helpful !!! Wink
ŞǢɃʘŘ₩ΩȽ₣
ŞǢɃʘŘ₩ΩȽ₣
Admin

Back to top Go down

FOG'S Fighter Tactics.... Empty I sure am glad.

Post  Guest Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:59 am

I sure am glad to see that the knowledge I posted on a different website is being used and passed on. I developed the tactics after researching the value of the fighter in a universe dominated by Larger vessels BS's Dessie's phx's The title I used then was FOG's FIGHTER TACTICS . But the fact is that, Thinking outside the box will give you an edge in just about all situations. Just as in this situation I am still researching the tactics involved for use on a grander scale but the conclusions I keep coming up with are this The fighter is the most Effective weapons system you can use for hit and run tactics. Large enough forces can and have taken out entire fleets but as far as a planets with dense defenses they are usually not the best choice, but as long as you have plenty of recyclers you can usually recover your losses plus extra so in the end it pays off. AS LONG AS YOU USE the battlsim to check your win loss ratio if it's at 75% or less then do not attack, but you can recover your losses plus some @ 76% or better at a faster rate and you will still have enough ships to be combat effective at least that is what I have discovered from the situations I have been in. I hope that this will help you in your growth.

PALADIN_4/A.K.A BLACKFOG NATW UNI 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down